Suzan Thomas Mullett
Jordy Carter Furnishings
The Floor Care Company
The Membership Committee’s main focus is to attract new members to the organization as well as retain our existing membership population. It is the responsibility of the Committee to provide new members with a welcome packet and a courtesy phone call.
The Committee consistently works with the members to ascertain their on-going needs through phone calls and surveys.
The Committee provides enjoyable volunteer experiences that are rich and meaningful for the volunteers which advance the work of the Chapter. We work hand-in-hand with the Programs Committee to welcome and register members at our monthly events. Four or five times a year, the Committee hosts an orientation to introduce new members to the goals of the organization, volunteer opportunities, the board members and the committee chairs. This Committee:
- Focuses on recruiting new members to the organization.
- Retains our existing members by making them aware of the benefits and value of their IFMA membership.
- Welcomes and orients new members with the new member packet and personal phone calls.
- Coordinates volunteers from surveys, new member events, and other sources.
- Hosts new member orientations through-out the year to introduce the goals of the organization.
The team provides administrative support to the committee. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Assisting with recruiting/inviting potential members to our monthly events.
- Assisting with making personal phone calls to professional members for general feedback on the chapter.
- Assisting with the new member orientations.
- Assisting with dropped member follow-ups.
- Assisting with new member packet mailings.
- Attending the monthly board meeting in the absence of the chairperson.
- Assisting in the solicitation of board members, committee chairpersons, members, and internal and external publication article sponsors.
The Membership Committee chairperson is a member of the Chapter Board and has a voting position on the Board.